We had sooooo many people in our house yesterday, just to celebrate. I don't know what's come over me in the past years, I didn't used to really like Hallowe'en, but now I LOVE it. I realised its because Hallowe'en is a holiday where there is no pressure to be with your family, to observe the same traditions, there is no pressure to be miserable. There's no pressure at all. You can, if you like, shut the porch lights and pretend its not there. You can do whatever you like. You can sew your costume 3 weeks prior and eagerly wait for the day. Make-up on before breakfast.
We had 9 carved pumpkins. 12 people. Gave out treats, ate a very autumn supper together. Brought Olive and Sebastian around the block for their first trick or treats with Jake and Nathan. When everyone left and Olive went to sleep, Greg and I took advantage of having Pamela as a guest and went out to a potluck where we missed the food but were just in time for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. So much fun, just the way a holiday should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)