Monday, September 13, 2010

8 Months

Olive Olive Olive Olive Olive. Well she plays by herself now, and pulls herself up. Standing, and letting go to fall back on her but, or her back, or her head. Sometimes crying, or surprised, or sometimes just like nothing happened at all. She eats and eats and eats and eats. During the day she doesn't want breast milk, she wants food! With vigor and smiles. She wants those blueberries, or that applesauce, or my coffee, or that rice, and she wants it in her mouth now. Its the best, I gotta say. As she unfolds before me I am seeing this little being with such wonderful determination. Things catch her eyes, and she goes for them. At the same time, I see her in a stage of thoughtful reservation. Attached to me, watching people a little bit more before lending them her huge smile. She's thinking, processing, about to make her next move. Will it be walking? Soon, soon, soon. I think.

Yesterday, with the weather, we put her in her first pair of shoes. They have Simba on the front flaps, and are denim. Lion King style denim! Some hand-me-downs from her cousin Jade, who is going to be 12 this year.

I'm also able to happily say that Olive is falling asleep now at 8, still with me, in our bed, early enough that I can get up, and maybe let myself decompress. AND she is staying asleep. Its wonderful. A routine and bed time took a while for us all to get used to, but now it goes so smooth. Greg's on bath duty so he can be more involved as well. There are still a few little nudges I plan to make, like having Olive feed less in the night so that I can get a sounder sleep, but first I am going to enjoy this change as it is.

Reading the Menu.

3 comments:

  1. She will try and drink it! Really really, it doesn't matter to her. She just wants the food, or drink in my hands.
    Or are you talking about me, still drinking it. I've got myself going good with one cup a day, but still getting headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I meant the second thing, though I was also surprised that she likes it at that age already!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)