Our friends Cud and Story came in to town yesterday from after a very long tour around this and that country, and were having a little folkish playing music show put on by our Bubzee, who is leaving for BC on Thursday. And so we thought maybe, just maybe, since the music wouldn't be loud and the venue (house) was smoke-free, that we could get away bringing Olive out to her first show. She was wonderful. Not a peep of crying, smiles all around for every new stranger who popped their fingers in her mouth (ew), she even fell asleep in the carrier at 10, her bedtime, and stayed that way all night. AMAZING.
However, at 2 am when we finally got in, I woke her up sliding her out of the carrier. For some reason I thought it was necessary that she be redressed into 'night' clothes. I am an idiot. I mean she was up up. Awake, and not so happy about it. Not to mention the fact that it was already WAY passed my own bedtime. We did finally sleep, but I've been hearing from Olive all day how much she did not like that. Cranky, whiny baby. Plus she's still awake tonight, its 11:30. Lesson learned: dont mess with the sleeping babies.
On the same note, I have been thinking a lot more lately about Olive's sleeping patterns. They are pretty clear: she gets cranky around 9 ish, but wont sleep until at least 10, sleeps for about ten hours in the night, and naps about 3 times a day, depending on how long her naps are. I usually just go with the flow, because I am not really that good with sticking to schedules. What I've been thinking about isn't putting her on a schedule, but expecting myself to respect this obvious natural pattern that she follows . The other night was a good example of how I am not really good at things like that. Figuring she would be fine, and then she's not. I will be attempting more to make it so Olive is in OUR bed, dressed, diapered, and ready for boob at ten. I think that will be good for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)