Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Books 2010

Not a bookworm by far, sometimes I go months without reading, it really depends on my mood, but but but but I AM ...a lover of books. It started only when I was 19. I read before that, mostly school assignments, or I had a couple childhood favourites, which I actually get into here, but really I dont feel that I got it, why people love books, until then. I read a few Stephen King books (shameful?), one is still a favourite of mine, and then I got into Kurt Vonnegut, and Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger. I reread Catcher in the Rye, a book which in highschool I thought was Stupid, with a capital S. Now I think I could eat up anything by J.D.Salinger. I see it all in a new light. I love words, and how they help me think. If I read something, and strongly disagree with the author, I still appreciate how it cements my feelings. That now I know what I think. And I can see the ways in which others will relate... or not. It is a love really.

x Wise Blood, a short story by Flannery O'Connor 
x Tree: a Life Story by David Sazuki and Wayne Grady
x Baby Sign Language Basics, by Monta Z. Briant .
x Endgame, Volume I, by Derrick Jensen
x Trixie Beldon and the Gatehouse Mystery, by Julie Campbell
x The Giver, by Lois Lowry
x A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L'Engle
x In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan 
x Our Babies, Ourselves, by Meredith Small
x Baby Signing for Dummies, by Jennifer Watson
x The Stranger, by Albert Camus
x Cradle to Cradle, by William McDonough & Michael Braungart -
x The Goonies, by  James Khan - 
x The Chocolate War, by Robert Cormier 
x Bagombo Snuff Box, short stories by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. ...
x The No-cry Sleep Solution, by Elizabeth Pantly 
x How to Build a Dinosaur by Jack Horner
x Endgame, Volume II, by Derrick Jensen
x The Breastfeeding Cafe , by  Barbara L. Behrmann
x The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky 
x Still Life With Woodpecker, by Tom Robins 
x Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, by Tom Robins 
x Nighttime Parenting, by William Sears
x Early Start Potty Training, by Linda Sonna
x Travels With Charley: In Search of America, by John Steinbeck... 
x The God Delusion, by Richard Dawkins
x The Pleasure of my Company, by Steve Martin 


365/27 = 13.5 or about a book every 2 weeks. I think for next year I would like to be at about 1 a week, but I've always been a leisurely reader soooooo no pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)