Well I've been pregnant for a little over 3 months now. I'm reluctant to say that it been awful, because pregnant is what I want to be, but awful is the word, unless you'd like to use dreadful, or horrible, or the quick downward spiral of all order in my life.
The symptoms hit around 6 weeks and have included constant nausea intensified by a lack of appetite, bouts of insomnia, lack of energy, the need for constant napping, a strong sense of smell hilariously coupled with my own new strange body odor (kind of like onions), confusion, lack of concentration, and other utter craziness.
I really feel as though I am unraveling.
I dont think its unusual, but left all willy-nilly I'm a pretty anxious person. An aspect of my personality that I have learned to cope with well and even overcome by taking care of myself (duh?). That means sleeping well, getting dressed everyday (even if I'm not going out), eating properly, GETTING EXERCISE, and maintaining a routine (with naps and showers and cleaning my house, paying our bills and well pretty much everything a person does on a regular basis). Like I said, its pretty fucking obvious that some order keeps my anxiety at bay, but order not coming all so naturally to me coupled with extreme pregnant lethargy has sent my world a-twisting down the ol' drain.
I dont eat (in my own house), I dont clean, we have no discernible naptime, although I sleep often, and definitely when Olive is sleeping, no bedtime for Olive, which means no alone time for me, I get tired walking to the store, I cannot maintain conversations well, so I avoid a lot of contact with anyone who isn't my mum or my sisters (who dont care if I bable on incoherently). Basically, 4 paragraphs into this, I feel CRAZY. Or I am CRAZY.
oh, and I complain a lot, another reason I avoid people so they dont have to listen to me.
My only refuge is reading, which I do as much as possible. Glorious, wonderful books. Friends I call them.
Hahahaha awwwww poor crazy oniony baby-lady
ReplyDeleteokey now i miss you like crazy...
ReplyDelete