Although I am positive that she doesn't have any idea there is a bean in my belly, I know this because when I lift my shirt saying "Olive, mummy's got a baby in here" she pokes my button and says "doooooooooooo", she's definitely reacting to the change in mood and surrounding.
There is an iron tight grasp on me at all times. "mummIE!, mummIE!". If I'm in sight, its mummy she wants. I've turned inwards a great deal, trying to cope with the Overwhelm of late. In Mum + Baby yoga classes, when they are fresh and new, our instructor Michelle warned that as your little one lays in front of you content and the class begins, almost instantly when you close your eyes, breathe, and draw inwards, Baby will notice, and cry for you to come back. It always happened, 6 infants crying on their yoga mats, mums learning to juggle inner peace and belly rubbing. Olive's feeling the same, but more vocal. I dont mind, but appreciate the help I get from others. Pretend naps, where I lay down for an hour and swirl my thoughts.
I can only do one thing at a time. Which sounds silly to me to say because everyone is only ever doing one thing at a time, but I REALLY mean it. I can do one thing in a moment. My brain is SO SLOW. I have to warm up the engine every time I wanna switch thoughts. Mothering is a lot of multitasking, which has become impossible for me. I cannot keep an eye on Olive playing while sorting laundry. Its one or the other. I am writing this solely because Olive is napping.
Along the same lines; we have been doing a lot of nursing. There was a time a couple of months ago where Olive's need for milk seemed to be dwindling. Always at naps and bedtime, but throughout the day most of her nursing would consist of sitting on my lap for 10 seconds, just to check in, and then heading out to play again. These days she sits on my lap and nurses and nurses and nurses. I'll ask "can I have it back now?" and get a quick shake of the head "uh uh". I know from doing it for 20 months that nursing is like the oceans wave, coming and going, she'll take it when she needs it, but I am wondering now if she's having a growth-spurt, or is hungry because I myself dont eat as often (and am thus not sharing), or if she senses her time for mama-cuddles and milk is now, and soon she will have to share? I really dont know the answer. Maybe its all 3!
LOVE these photos. Olive is so beautiful! Auntie sees you next week!
ReplyDelete