I can assume that everyone has their own 'gross' food combinations, like mashed potatoes and honey, or sun-chips in a tuna sandwich. Today mine is leftover pasta salad, HEATED, with hot-sauce and nutritional yeast. Delicious. So so delicious.
On the weekend Olive took some steps. Toward her daddy. I've been noticing her standing on her own a lot more often lately. I am excited when she walks, but really I have learned by now that she'll do it when she is ready and not a moment before, so there is no use egging and pushing too much.
These past few weeks its been pretty difficult feeding Olive . I mean nursing her of course. We have no solid food problems, except maybe that she <3's booby greatly. I wasn't kidding the other day when I said that the dry weather is making my everything dry, including my nipples and I am in A LOT of pain, that involves cringing and counting down minutes and seconds until I can unlatch her. Needless to say I am pretty down about it, because I am in no way ready to stop nursing, and neither is Olive. If she was I would. But I feel like I would be cheating her. Also this is momentary. I think back a year, when I was new to nursing and had this same pain, from newness not dry weather, although come to think about it maybe we were accompanied by the weather then too, I was able to persevere then, and I will now.
Most of our nursing is during 'quiet' times now anyway, like nap and bedtime, we still nurse through the night as well. Last night was the first ever where I had to tell her no, she wiggled and was upset, awoke more than usual, but was otherwise very cooperative with me. A bittersweet moment, as she turns over, back to my front, and spoons with me as she would falling asleep with Greg. And so our relationship begins to change. She is a big person now. Much her own.
oh man julia this is the cutest thing i've ever seen.
ReplyDeleteI hate you.
ReplyDeleteShe thinks she's so funny.
ReplyDelete