1. 3x milk cartons (2x plastic caps)
2. 2x black diamond cheese wrapper
3. 2x chili sauce packet
4. 3x candy wrapper
5. a plastic lined lid to glass juice bottle
6. broken plastic snow globe ornament
7. cracker wrapper
8. plastic sheet from inside drill bit case I bought this week
9. Nature Valley granola wrapper
10. 2x envelope windows
11. wrapping from shoe insoles
12. chocolate Santa wrapper
{old; plastic waste that's been around for a while but is leaving my house this week}
13. bread bag tab
14. bio-vert dish detergent bottle ( I am actually going to bring this to the NDG bulk store because they take them for people to use when they buy bulk detergent, same goes for laundry soap bottles)
15. planters almonds (its been in our cupboard for ages, I buy nuts in cloth bags at the bulk store now)
16. Plastic window from a kleenex box ( I dont even buy kleenex! What a wasteful idea, I've got sleeves)
I do actually feel that I have gotten our plastic waste down to crucial elements now. That is, excluding guilty pleasures like the candy wrappers, granola wrapper and chili sauce. We need milk, and as far as I know, and have searched, milk isn't sold here in glass bottles, sadly. Same goes for cheese, although I am looking into ways that I can avoid the plastic here. I have also resigned myself to the idea that lids to glass bottles will have to be in the plastic I'm okay with pile.
Three things I am looking for alternatives for are dish and laundry detergent, as well as toilet paper.
i'm sure you've thought of this but you can fill your soap bottles up at the notre dame health food store, it's super cheap and then you only ever need the one bottle wasted.
ReplyDeleteand you're helping the world use less plastic by making bulk bags for the health food store!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I know, it says that in my post! ^
ReplyDeletethe candy from my house! haha.
ReplyDeleteThat blog about plastic had a toilet paper alternative, didn't it? There must be hundreds of place you can buy tp wrapped in paper or something instead.
ReplyDeleteEssa: Of course the candy from your house!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte: I dont think its impossible, but for some reason I haven't come across non plastic wrapped tp. Its weird.
you can buy bottled milk at a votre santé in westmount!!
ReplyDeleteaaaaah are you serious?! Who left that comment? I love you!
ReplyDelete