In august my best friend of 'since I was 10', Pamela, moved to Toronto. We've always gone through tides in our friendship, so while its strange to not be able to suddenly reappear into each others lives at whim, I'm pretty okay with it because we've gone months in the same city without one phone call to the other, and pretty much she's just a friend for life, no matter where we live.
I do however have a hard time making friends. A combination of being shy, and awkward, 'rough around the edges', I don't really know what people think of me when they meet me, but I know that, with a few (dear) exceptions, I don't ever befriend anyone off the bat. I'd rather not talk to strangers.
It isn't only Pamela that's moved away. My little sister has been living in Halifax for 2 years, then there is also back-and-forth-Bubzee, soon my neighbour Janine, and Carina too. That's pretty much all of my close friends, except Amy, and my sister Morgan. I think this is the flow of modern life, I have felt down about these in and outs of friendship other times. I'm not really feeling that now. I kind of know its good, that friendships are best when everyone's where they should be.
I am wondering what will come next though?
I'm pretty much parked here, bucko. Next is you moving to a farm-bus-thing. Unless I up and move to PEI.
ReplyDeleteSo really, its not happening to me, its happening to YOU. I see now.
ReplyDelete:)