I love our neighbourhood. I remember when we were living in Hochelaga, we came down here for our friends garage sale, they live 2 blocks over form our place now, and even on that day walking the streets of st-Henri I felt very much at home.
Its coming alive with the weather. Tonight I saw people on benches enjoying summer beers. People on their porches (one caught me picking my nose, always a wonderfully humbling experience). A woman walking her dog, singing to her headphone music. Cats in windows, longing for their daytime adventuring. A kid on what must have been the quietest scooter. Electric maybe? It frightened me none-the-less creeping around the corner.
My favourite sight was a man on a motorcycle pulling up on the notre-dame corner, he met eyes with the corners hooker, she smiled like he was an old friend, they'd met many times before, in that exact same place. They chatted, and then she hopped on the back, and they drove off into the horizon, or to a local alleyway. It was very endearing. Mostly I cringe when I see hookers jump in cars, but they actually seemed like friends.
There was also a man biking with his very shaggy shitsu sitting in a basket on the back of his bike. So many wonderful sights. People's happiness is radiating with the heat. Olive fell asleep on my chest, and I put her to bed when we got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)