Tuesday, February 23, 2010

About 6 weeks

Life seems to finally be coming back around to a schedule of sorts. Greg has started working a shitty job, which sucks for him, but the money is needed. He's lucky and seems to be getting mostly 9-5 shifts, which means he can come home and have time to hang out with Olive and me. Olive still sleeps mostly through the night. She wakes up once to feed, but never at the same time. And now I am trying my best to get up in the morning at least by the time Greg goes to work. If not, I'm afraid I might sleep forever. I'm still really tired from breast feeding all the time.
Our day goes like this:
Greg goes to work. I feed Olive whenever she wants so usually thats what happens next, 'cause she likes to eat in between and during all activities except, but sometimes while sleeping. And I get myself a glass of water, sit, relax, watch something, right now its Dollhouse, I'm thinking of starting to read a National Geographic I have about FLDS polygamists.
 When Olive falls asleep after eating I try and put her down now. We were/are having a little problem where she has a hard time staying asleep unless I am holding her or lying next to her. Which obviously will not work for much longer. So I lay her down to learn to sleep by herself, and if she wakes up I try rocking her in her car seat, or her up again to dance a little, then I lay her down again when she is sleeping. Sounds a little trying but she is getting much better at it, and once she is asleep, she's really really asleep! Sometimes for 2 or 3 hours. Thats when I get ANYTHING done. Priority: laundry, dishes, and picking up all the random junk that gets thrown about the house all day. These three tasks never end, and sometimes that is all I do. And it all repeats itself until Greg gets home, yummy yummy coffee in hand!
I've given up on bathing her in her tub. She's too small and gets cold and cries, and since I get dirty too I've just taken to sharing a bath with her. Its lots of fun, she doesn't seem to mind the water at all. I hold her at shoulder level, her legs dancing around. I can feed her at the same time. Which is usually when I soap her up. Then I wrap her in a towel, and lay her in her car seat to stare at me while I quickly wash myself. Usually like a sea monster because I go in and out of the water, so she can still see I am there. Since its winter and dry we've only been bathing her max twice a week, so I also get some alone time showers in there for myself. :)
Pictures later tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)