Thursday, December 17, 2009

So here is the false alarm story extended version.

So on Sunday we had a false alarm as Julia mentioned in a previous blog. We had thought that her water had broken and so she did the necessary things like call her doula Molly and call the hospital to see what could be done to check out whether or not it had actually broken.

So next step was, we were already suppose to hang out with Sean and Essa, so I called to see if Essa would be into driving up to the hospital. I also asked Sean to join because well, he is the person I would like to have there with me. So of course Essa was on it and they came down to our place right away. However after speaking to the hospital they suggested that Julia wear a pad for a while to give them something to test before coming to the hospital. So, when Sean and Essa got to our place Sean and I did the usual listen to a couple of records. Everyone was hungry and so we went and got some sweet tasty eats at Bon Appetit (most excellent rotties). Then we came back to the house to gather what we needed in case of ended up there over night or even in case the little one made her appearance. Off we went to the hospital but of course we needed to spot and get coffee and snacks on the way right, why hurry? We thought this was funny that we had actually taken the time to stop to eat twice before actually arriving.

We got the hospital and had to find our way around the place and get to where we were going. They them got Julia to do the usual pee in a cup and then hooked her up to a baby heart monitor for sometime while they analyzed the pad and pee. I myself went back and forth from hanging with her to sitting in the waiting room with Sean and Essa. I mostly had to keep moving because of the crazy heartburn the spicy rottie gave me.

In the end it was all good and they said that Julia could leave and we went back to our place. I tried to get everyone to play a board game but Sean and Essa were rather tired and so they were off. Thanks to them for being soooooooo awesome and coming with us and driving us there.

Then it was time for Julia and I do the the post false alarm cuddling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)