Half Asleep in Frog's Pajamas, Tom Robbins
Out of the Silent Planet, C.S. Lewis
Perelandra, C.S. Lewis
The 5 Love Languages, Gary Chapman
The Children of Men, P.D. James
White Teeth, Zadie Smith
That Hideous Strength, C.S. Lewis
The Whole Brain Child, D.J. Seigel & T. Payne Bryson
Battle Hym of the Tiger Mother, Amy Chua
Bossypants, Tina Fey
Roots of Empathy, Mary Gordon
Ordeal by Innocence, Agatha Christie
All the Pretty Horses, Cormac McCarthy
The World Without Us, Alan Weisman
The Hunger Games, Suzanna Collins
Catching Fire, Suzanna Collins
Mockingjay, Suzanna Collins
Sophie's World, Jostein Gaarder
The Virgin Cure, Ami McKay
Kids, Meredith F. Small
One Second After, William R. Forstchen
Lord of the Flies, William Golding
The Memory Keepers Daughter, Kim Edwards
Dumbing Us Down, John Taylor Gatto
Loving Someone with ADD, Susan Tschudi MA
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Steig Larsson
The Girl Who Played with Fire, Steig Larsson
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Steig Larsson
1982, Gian Gomeshi
Rebuild From Depression, Amanda Rose PhD
Delusions of Gender, Cordelia Fine
Growing a Girl, Dr Barbara Mackoff
Siblings Without Rivalry, Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
Cunt; a declaration of independace, Inga Muscio
The Casual Vacancy, J.K. Rowling
Yay, another year of book reading past. I missed my goal; I was hoping to read about 1 book a week. But at the same time not pressure myself and end up sucking the joy out of it all. I think 35 is something I can feel good about. I definitely did not yeild to my internal pressure, there have been weeks of many books and then weeks of none. Going with the flow.
My favourites:
Out of the Silent Planet, C.S. Lewis
Dumbing Us Down, John Taylor Gatto
Sophie's World, Jostein Gaarder
Lord of the Flies, William Golding
a worthy self help book; The 5 Love Languages, Gary Chapman
I was also a big fan of the Stieg Larsson trilogy, and The Hunger Games was very good, but I dont think those books are in any need of my thumbs up. My one single recommendation is Delusions of Gender, by Cordelia Fine. Go read that book!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)