I've been wholly avoiding looking over my 2011 resolution list. This year has felt like a write off. Exhaustion, dysfunction, and confusion taking over. There have been weeks where I felt like folding laundry, or showering were tasks I could not accomplish, let alone actual life goals. But of course I have one of the best excuses of all, I'm pregnant, and I can check that very one (great, simple, special, amazing) goal off my list. 1 of 12.... not too bad. :)
To my surprise, though, there were things I had written that I didn't even remember, progress achieved! Here was the 2011 list:
1. Make strides in learning to live our lives more and more free of plastic. Especially the disposable kind. FAIL! Such a bad fail. Avoiding plastic takes an incredible amount of time, and special trips here and there, even if only shopping for groceries. And the first hurdle of this pregnancy was most definitely forgiving myself the guilt of not being able to DoItAll. So, yes, a fail.
2. Start running, and keep it up. Obviously not.
3. Confidently make all our bread (and crackers, and cereal, and...) Nope.
4. Write more songs on guitar WIN! The flip side to much of my laziness has been a lot of focus on more leisurely endeavours.
5. Find time for sewing regularly Fail. Much of this year I couldn't even GET to my machines, I didn't even live with them for 2 months! Oh how lonely they must have felt. I did, however, gain an appreciation for hand sewing, which I used to dread. So there's a very big positive to all our separation.
6. Garden successfully, ie. don't kill all my seedlings FAIL, let's not even go here.
7. Get back on my bike. Reestablish my old feeling that cars are almost useless in the city. Not really, although the first half of the year Olive and I rode around a lot. AND we did get rid of the car. I think this is a half point. ;)
8. Spend more time outside (made easy by numbers 2,6, and 7) I barely leave my house.
9. Pay off my student debt CHECK. This one feels better than sex, or chocolate, or most things. I think debt is evil. EVIL Evil evil....
10. Learn to silkscreen Check!
11. Learn to make food preserves Failsies
12. Get pregnant! A win that I get 3 points for!
2012:
1. Focus on mothering two young persons. Accept it. Enjoy it. Know that it is fleeting. Eye-blink-fleeting.
2. Watch all Paul Dano movies, watch all Ryan Gosling movies, watch all Keanu movies (I have failed this before)
3. Reading
4. Drawing, artsing
5. Send more letters
6. Food making (preserves, snacks, suppers)
7. Yoga, swimming, biking...
I cannot be more specific. I have only floating ambitions to drift towards this year.
February 24
ReplyDelete