Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shedding Weight

I've had really serious bloggers block lately. I can find no will to type, even though I have many things to say. Olive's been a handful lately. Lots of playing from one thing to the next. Lots of me standing within quick reach of her while she climbs up onto a chair, which she has pushed from the table to the counter, onto the counter, then demanding to be lifted up onto the cabinet shelves. Or similar things. Lots and lots of climbing, and watching her climb. I'm so tired you'd think I was the one scaling furniture. Of course I was no different. I remember climbing things until I was 15 or 16 years old, I still have the tendency. :)

I also am still dealing with thrush, which I haven't mentioned in a while. I have been seen in total by seven doctors, a nurse, a lactation consultant. I've used clotrimizole, nystatin, hydrocortizone, gentian violet, and am currently on a 2 week oral dose of fluconazole, and have an appointment with a dermatologist, oh an I've had blood tests. Its a lot, and on a daily basis I've only been thinking "I  just dont want to be itchy anymore". Its been 3 months.
I'm very determined to persevere through this, but I cannot deny that I've considered that the only solution may be in weening Olive. I'm not ready, and neither is she, so I am very torn.
In all its a yucky feeling issue.

Of course I'm excited about the warm that's been coming, and really eager to do some spring purging/cleaning, but I think I might be jumping the gun if I started now. The most exciting spring purge is that we are retiring our car. retireyourride.ca
Its an adjustment that I've been wanting to make for a while now, but I am glad I held out through tthe winter. St-Henri is a really rich neighbourhood, so really I can get most everything done within walking distance of our house. Downtown is only about a 30 minute walk for anything else. Olive has a helmet and we have 2 rear seats, plus a bike trailer, so hopefully we'll be biking other places. Like my mums or Amy's. We'll see, like I said lot's of adjusting. I'm going to have to learn how to leave the house early enough not to be SUPER late for everything, Which I already am.

I've given a little update to my wishlist here: things we need for anyone interested.

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot of people just standing around looking at your boobies. I hope it wasn't all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, one of the times it WAS, 4 doctors, nurse and lactation consultant! I was literally a spectacular medical marvel of persistent thrush, that they just had to show to as many residents as possible. St Mary's IS a teaching hospital after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UUUGGGGHH. I'm sorry to read this. I really hope it clears up, pronto. Hugs to you, Greg and Olive!

    tones

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)