I am putting the potty on the shelf for a couple of days. Olive will not use it. I couldn't figure it out, but then when I pushed her tooth through the other day, it was instantly clarified. The last time she teethed it was the same; as if the potty scared her, she'd lift her arms and beg for me to pick her up. Now she can stand on her own, and so its just sit down, get up, sit down, get up, sit down, stand up, pee on the floor. I don't mind the peeing on the floor, as I can clean it up easily, but I think forcing the potty will just make her battle it more. I'm going to give it a break, and see how she feels about it next week.
Its seems there's a lot to say about pottying these days. Sometimes I get self-conscious that all I write about here is being a mom, because well there is a lot more to me than that. Unfortunately, I need that validated in words probably even more than anyone reading would care. I worry that I am boring. Maybe I am. Mommying IS what I am doing; pottying, nursing, communicating in bah pa pa pa pa pa pas. Its what I am interested in. Its not boring to me. Even though, at times I want to feel like not just a mom. It can be hard to remember that I am more than that. Also, that I WILL be more than that. I gotta be who I am when I am where I'm at.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)