Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lovely Girl

I haven't been focusing in on Olive's 'progress' as much lately. I like to think of it as 'activity' and 'adventuring' really. I've been letting a lot of it pass by, without mentioning it here. Enjoying her silently. Observing, instead of proudly raving like the lunatic we parents can sometimes be about our GENIUS! children. But I feel compelled, as this week has been a big one.
There has been standing. Real, wobbly legged, nothing to hold on to standing. I am not sure she believes its happening when she's doing it. Still, then her jiggles collapse before she takes any steps. She's even beginning to stand up off the potty, which is going to be trouble, when she figures out that she doesn't have to sit there anymore when I put her down on it. But then again, when she can walk, she can start taking herself there when its time. And we can work on figuring that out together.
There's also the blowing, and new teeth. All in the same day! Two new teeth! All my experience with children has taught me that teaching someone how to blow out, or whistle is impossible. I'm not sure why. Whenever I show a little one how to blow out they always breathe in. Real fervently too. We didn't teach her anything, she found a recorder and blew the music out herself. To my amazement, as you can tell. :)
Lastly, she has started giving. Like feeding me, and handing over her toys. With a grin too, when she sees me take it. It doesn't sound big. But she just didn't do that last week. Last week she held on tightly. Its amazing being given a gift, by someone so small. Like a prize.

1 comment:

Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)