Monday, October 18, 2010

Delivery, Play, ACDC


I remember great joy from two things when I was little: climbing my Dad; when he would pick me up and toss me over his shoulders, spin around, dangle me by my legs, we do this with Olive and I can see my sisters and I in her smiles. I also loved to play inside things; I would make forts, sit in boxes, have Morgan and Charlotte wrap me up in hundreds of blankets and pillows. I can't remember why it was so much fun. Once the fort was done, the burrito wrapped, the box closed, I didn't do anything, except imagine, and that could take hours right?
Olive spent at least 30 minutes in our empty recycle bin this afternoon as I moved laundry over from wash to dryer, and then pushed her to the kitchen to change the garbage. When she got restless, I simply handed her some blocks, and she sat right down again to play in her crisp blue fort.


I have begun the start of a very long journey: an attempt to listen to every record on our record shelf. I can't even guess how long it will take. I've been thinking about it for a couple of weeks and today was the day to start. I went to the shelf climbed on the edge of the couch to reach up where the 'A's begin. I had no idea I'd be starting with ACDC, highway to hell, my response was a very loud and serious "Aw, COME ON!" I can't say I'm a fan, or was, but I have a new appreciation, which after all is the point of this feat, right? One down, 2000 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments irk me. If you would like to comment but dont have a blogger ID/google+ then simply go in the drop-down menu and select the NAME/URL option. (you dont have to add a url if you dont want to, but a name is appreciated)