I have been trying to quit drinking coffee for over a month now, like a cigarette smoker on their last pack, everyday I have my last cup. Its depressing and frustrating. I am quitting for health reasons, but not the usual 'coffee addiction is bad for you blah-da-bi-blah". I need to stop drinking it because coffee gives me headaches. Throbbing, balloon-face, hit-your-head-against-something-made-of-concrete HEADACHES. Once I thought it was caffeine, so I switched to decaf, that didn't help. Then I thought maybe it was the combo with sugar, so I stopped putting sugar in my coffee, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sugarless coffee is even better. But no, I am still getting headaches, and they are worse. I love coffee. I love its wonderful taste. Its warm yumminess. I don't even care if I am addicted, I don't need the caffeine jolt. I love decaf just the same. I am addicted to coffee because it is my friend. oh sadness.
This morning when I woke up I drank a BIIIG glass of water. I am thinking that killing the nighttime dehydration would be a good place to start. Unfortunately there is no hydration for my lonely coffee-less heart.
this sucks. i had to stop having caffeine a few years ago and couldn't give up that taste so i switched to decaf. i tried to quit that recently to cut out unnecessary sugar (i can't get down with the black coffee) but like you i find myself having multiple 'last days'. i bring tea to work to have in the morning instead of coffee.. but i always make it home with teabag intact. i feel like you eat a lot of magnesium rich foods already but maybe increase your intake still to counter it getting flushed out with coffee pees and see if that helps? otherwise you could try half coffee half hot chocolate. mmm.
ReplyDeleteHot chocolate makes me sick too. I think I have a sugar problem as well. Its all very weird, because I cannot pin down exactly what's causing the headaches but I know coffee is part of it. I've been thinking I should get around to seeing a naturopath to evaluate my diet.
ReplyDeleteYou should try Caf-lib. You can get it at most grocery stores. There is organic and non-organic. Its a drink made from chicory root served hot and tastes somewhat like coffee. You should give it a try.
ReplyDeleteThanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.
ReplyDelete